Dear Everyone Nakayama Natsume

Occha〜๐Ÿต
I'm Nakayama Natsume๐ŸŒˆ


๐Ÿ•Š ๐“‚ƒ๐“ˆ’ ๐“‚‚๐“ธ๐Ÿค๐“ˆ’๐“‚‚⋆͛๐Ÿ‡๐“‚ƒ๐“ˆ’ ๐“‚‚๐“ธ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ•Š ๐“‚ƒ๐“ˆ’ ๐“‚‚๐“ธ๐Ÿค๐“ˆ’๐“‚‚⋆͛⋆

Everyone、Happy New Year๐ŸŽ
Please continue to support me in 2024。

I wanted to start January 1st 
With a bright and cheerful greeting as I usually do
So this has been a genuine shock for me。

Since it's happened in my home prefecture
It still doesn't feel fully real
Warning alarms went off again last night and this morning
Even though I'm in Kaga City which is quite far from the Noto Peninsula

There has been some more minor shakes。
I'm just praying for everyone's safety。
Thank you very much for all of your warm comments too。



Since so many of you have voiced your concern
I'll talk about it today。




I was already back home by January 1st。
I went home on the 31st as soon as our Year End Live Show ended so that I could spend actual New Year's at home with my family。


On January 1st my family dressed me in a kimono
And took a video of me in our tatami room
Where I said「Happy New Year」
With my beloved family Kabu-chan。

I posted that video as soon as I filmed it
But as I was uploading that video
The thought that such a huge earthquake would shortly occur never even crossed my mind。



Then、since it was my first time seeing my family in a while 
We decided to go and do some New Year's shopping。

The place we went was right on the border of Ishikawa and Toyama。
We weren't that close to the earthquake's epicentre
But we went somewhere close to home
So we were able to return home safely that same day。

We finished our shopping and the moment we left the store
The large earthquake happened。
We were in the car park at the time
And there were lots of cars about since it was New Year's

The cars were shaking an unbelievable amount。
There were snow ploughs too which were shaking with an unbelievable noise。
The ground was shaking so much it felt like it was rolling
It felt like a very long time。


I was standing up at the time which was hard
And I just kept looking around。


But、thankfully we weren't inside the store
So we didn't suffer any big injuries
But as for the shopping mall we had been inside only minutes earlier
The ceiling fell down and the water leaked…

If we had queued for only a few more minutes 
It could have been a very different outcome。


It was really scary
So we went straight home to Kaga City 
Thankfully we came across no accidents or road closures 
So we made it home safely without incident

Then we just sat watching the news
And saw countless road closures due to tissues and road level drops…
I realised again just how much damage had been done。



There was no great damage done to my house。
The worst to happen was that the glass ornaments on top of the piano
Were broken

But talking to people I know
Lots of people's houses
Were completely messed up inside。


More earthquake warning alarms sounded after we got home
There was quite a lot of shaking in Kaga City too
Everything felt very uncertain for a long time。

The shaking woke me up during the night too… repeatedly。




I'm sure you've all already seen the news
That there was also a large fire in Noto。

I've mentioned this on my blog and in magazine interviews before
But my father works in lacquerware。

The fire occurred on Wajima and Wajima-nuri lacquer is very famous
And my father had many acquaintances there。

The fire broke out at the market place and there are many lacquerware companies and factories nearby
And apparently many of those people have lost their workplaces
And their homes in the fire。

Knowing people directly affected by the fire
And seeing what they're going through is so upsetting…
My heart aches。



Last year many of those people 
Gathered around the TV to support us at the Japan Record Awards
So thinking about how they are suffering now
Is really upsetting。


I've been to their shops
I've eaten seafood rice bowls there and explored the market。
I heard the place I bought that seafood bowl has been completely destroyed by the fire

All I can say is that my heart aches。


I wish I could go right now and give them support and supplies myself but I can't get to Noto because of all the road closures。


All I can do for now
Is to keep looking forward to tomorrow's performance
And be thankful that I'm able to stand on stage tomorrow。

Of course leaving my family 
Fills me with worry and fear。

I'm also scared for my dogs and cats
And leaving my whole family behind
Takes a huge amount of courage 

But ultimately I want to stand on stage。


Looking at your comments on SNS
A lot of people said not to worry about the concert。
Thank you very much for your warm comments。

Of course our staff-sans also contacted me
And left the decision to me and my family。
Our staff-sans very kindly said
「Your feelings are the most important」。

Since I had to make the decision
Understanding my own feelings was tough。


But since so many people were worried about me
I wanted to show you my smiling face again
And that was my prevailing thought。

Everything is expressed on SNS nowadays
But some things just can't be expressed through words alone。



But、I still wanted to write this blog
Explaining what I've been through and how I'm feeling。


I'm praying that no more large quakes will occur。



I'll return to my usual style of blog tomorrow。
Please continue to support me。

Let's have fun together tomorrow。

Comments